Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Give Thanks

themed band-aids
grassy hills
my moms perfume clinique happy
red tulips
that new-book-smell
teachers that smile when you answer correctly
crunchy firm grapes
curtains from the 70's and 80's
puppies with extra skin and soft fur
playgrounds with tires rooted in the ground
construction workers that smile and wave
crayons
retro coasters
people that hold doors for you
that way he looks at me and smiles with his teeth
my niece's hands
my little unborn baby girl niece
yellow umbrellas
birds with lilting calls
thick black markers that ooze ink
my grandma's wedding pictures
the way you write my name
tableclothes
classified ads that read, "i noticed you, did you notice me?"
the place between your shoulder and neck
smooth round rocks on the beach
falling asleep outside

1 comment:

Mallory Shoemaker said...

Oh, I love this a lot by the way.