Thursday, March 15, 2007

Insta-Rap!


After listening to my local rap radio station for about an hour today, I've created a formula that I call: Insta-Rap!tm
The first step is to create a sentence that boasts of :
a) your girlfriends, or lovers - "Baby Mamas, bitches, hos"
b) the money you have - "G's, Ice"
c) where you were born - "The street, Brooklyn"
d) what you enjoy doing in your spare time - "pimpin', smokin' dope, poppin' caps"
e) something you represent - "Compton, your race, your gang"
Or All/Some of the above.

Let's go with a combination of A and D!
"I like riding in my car with my girlfriend and smoking marijuana cigarettes, laced with cocaine."
Lovely.

Now if you are not familiar with ghetto slang, use the help of www.urbandictionary.com. I found it quite useful in the next step of our process.

Using the sentence we created, substitute words that you would usually understand, with ones that make no sense. Also, substitute:
Ya for You
An' for And
in' for ing (As in riding = ridin')
Wit' for With
and so on.

So let's start with the beginning of the sentence, 'i like riding in my car." to Insta-rap this, we almost can do it without the help of an urban dictionary.
'i like ridin' in my -' now here, it is popular to insert the name of a car that is coveted, or "tricked out". Let's say cadillac, just for kicks.
'i like ridin' in my tricked out cadillac-" Insta-rapped!

There is a large selection of words for girlfriend, or lover. One of the most popular is ho, or bitch, but i find it derogatory, so I prefer 'my boo'
"boo is a term that is derived from the French word "beau" meaning beautiful. In 18th century England it meant an admirer, usually male. It made it's way into Afro-Caribean language perhaps through the French colonisation of some Caribean islands."
Thank You urbandictionary.

As for smoking marijuana cigarettes laced with cocaine, this seems to be a popular activity and has more then a few names for it. A 'primo' or 'dirty', were just few of the many.

"i like ridin' in my tricked out cadillac wit' my boo, smokin' me a dirty." INSTA-RAPPED!

So, my friends, now that you know how to Insta-Rap, take your knowledge to 'the street' and make some 'mad scrilla' makin' records. Then let's get 'crunked'. Ya down?

I'll just leave you with this little message that inspired Insta-Rap and gave me an insta-headache.

"This is why I’m hot
I dont gotta rap
I can sell a mill
sell you nothing on the track
I represent New York
I got it on my back

I’m hot coz I’m fly
You ain’t coz you not
This is why
This is why
This is why I'm hot."

Thanks Mims.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.